[Pyrex] using .pxds from inside packages

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Sep 24 03:43:49 CEST 2004

Kevin Turner <acapnotic at twistedmatrix.com>:

> > You can do
> >
> >   cimport package.pyxmodule
>
> That's, um, unexpected.  I expected it to look for
> package/pyxmodule.pxd, and don't really understand when
> package.pyxmodule.pxd would be useful.

Pyrex needs to know the full dotted name that the module will
eventually be found under, and this was the easiest way I could think
of at the time to make that completely unambiguous. I realise it's not
very intuitive, though, and I may come up with a better solution --
which is why I haven't documented it yet.