[Pyrex] pyrexc leaves bad C files, distutils doesn't clean

Kevin Turner acapnotic at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Sep 25 20:35:27 CEST 2004

It seems like when pyrex compilation exits with an error, it writes a C
file anyway.  That might be useful for debugging pyrexc, but it's not
what the build toolchain expects: if I build again, it says "oh this C
file is up to date" and tries to compile it with gcc.

Attempting to clean up and start over so I can see the pyrex errors
again, I do "setup.py clean --all", but it doesn't clean up the .c
files.

(I think all I've done since joining this list is complain about things,
but it's out of respect.  Thank you, Greg and company, for this pyrex
thing.  I'm glad it exists.)

--
The moon is waxing gibbous, 81.4% illuminated, 10.6 days old.