[Pyrex] Wrapping structs that reference each other

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon Sep 27 14:51:20 CEST 2004

vng1 at mac.com wrote:
> How do I do forward declarations in Pyrex?  I've got C structures that
> I'm trying to wrap, but they reference each other.
>
> The following code is  an example of what I'd like to do, but Pyrex
> yells at me when it gets to the "_xmlNode root" in the first struct.
>
>           cdef struct _xmlDoc:
>               _xmlNode root
>           cdef struct _xmlNode:
>               _xmlDoc doc

This sounds suspiciously much like you're wrapping libxml2 with Pyrex,
is that correct? I've been working on something like that for quite a
while now, called lxml. Take a look here for the SVN archive, and drop
me a mail if you're interested in it:

http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/trunk/src/lxml/

Regards,

Martijn