[Pyrex] Pythonic wrapping of libxml2

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Sep 29 18:14:15 CEST 2004

On Sep 29, 2004, at 10:24 AM, vng1 at mac.com wrote:

> I'm trying to re-do the libxml2 bindings for a couple reasons:
>
> 1 - I'd really like to raise my own comfort level when doing C
> extensions in Python and wrapping C libraries.  From the small
> extensions I _have_ written, Pyrex is a lot nicer to deal with than
> SWIG.  I've never used CTypes before, but some of the messages in this
> list seem to indicate that there are bugs in CTypes itself:
>
> http://lists.copyleft.no/pipermail/pyrex/2004-June/000804.html

Just because there have been bugs in ctypes in the past doesn't mean
that there are still bugs in ctypes.  In my message I said "I would
wait a release or two..." and that has happened since June.  The bugs I
was referring to have probably been fixed by now, though I can't say
that definitively.

Just because google says so doesn't mean it is still, or ever was, true
:)

-bob