[Pyrex] Parameter type check

Joachim Saul saul at gfz-potsdam.de
Fri Apr 15 16:22:29 CEST 2005

Hello,

in my Pyrex codes I heavily make use of "strong typing" like

    cdef class IIR_Filter:

        def apply(self, ArrayType input):

where ArrayType is a Numeric array type. In earlier versions of
Pyrex, the same code above used to raise a TypeError whenever the
input was not a Numeric array. However, with 0.9.3 this is not the
case any more. If input is for instance None, no exception is
raised and since there is no further type check, the program
crashes.

Did I overlook something? Is this a deliberate change or perhaps a
bug?

Cheers,
Joachim