[Pyrex] Pyrex and GCC4.0

len-l at telus.net len-l at telus.net
Wed Jun 15 22:15:41 CEST 2005

On 15 Jun 2005 at 14:53, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

> All the code does is switch casts from being on the lvalue to being on
> the rvalue as is correct C/C++.  I don't see why it wouldn't be C++
> compilable.  GCC 4.0 is a bit more strict.  Older compilers allowed
> lvalue casting.  It is the only part of the Pyrex generated code that
> was causing a problem.

There is the problem with forward static variable declarations. C++, particularly
G++, rejects them. And the module init routine has to be declared extern "C" to
avoid name mangling. And I recall a case where an rvalue is cast void to assign it to
an arbitrary lvalue pointer. But this only happens in a particular case, properties or
something.

Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l at telus.net>