[Pyrex] pyCdk SystemError: Objects/longobject.c:240: bad argument to internal function

Dog Walker forestiero at qwest.net
Thu Mar 3 03:24:23 CET 2005

Trying to run a pyCdk example in Python 2.3 using Pyrex 0.9.3 produces:

linux:/home/dw/pycdk/examples # python calendar.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calendar.py", line 13, in ?
    calendar = cdk.Calendar(screen, 0, 0, title, d, m, y, curses.A_BOLD,
curses.A_BOLD, curses.A_BOLD, curses.A_REVERSE, curses.A_REVERSE)
  File "cdk.pyx", line 511, in cdk.Calendar.__new__
SystemError: Objects/longobject.c:240: bad argument to internal function

I think that the problem is that a call is made to a python function with an
int argument where the function only accepts longs. I would like to either
fix pyrex 0.9.3 or pyCdk's cdk.c. The fix I see on Python involves python.
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/patches/2004-September/016061.html>

(Are there older versions of Pyrex which don't raise this error?)