[Pyrex] Pyrex, Distutils, and include directories

khinsen at cea.fr khinsen at cea.fr
Tue Mar 15 19:12:39 CET 2005

I have started to move from C to Pyrex for the time critical code in my
Molecular Modelling Toolkit (http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/MMTK/). Not
that I am planning to rewrite anything, but I expect all new code to
use Pyrex.

There is one problem to which I didn't find a good solution yet: access
to include files. I plan to ship Pyrex include files that describe the
internal C data structures with the library. Ideally, they would be
installed in a well-defined place (perhaps the same one that holds C
header files), and any client package could just use them, just like
for C header files. That would require the Distutils module in Pyrex to
add some standard include paths, and provide an option for adding
private include paths. At the moment, it seems not to care about
include paths at all.

Did anyone already think about this, or better yet, write code?

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, France