[Pyrex] universal newlines mode on source files

Chris Connett chrisconnett at gmail.com
Mon May 30 04:42:54 CEST 2005

Is there a good reason that source files are not opened with universal
newlines mode?  When building a pyrex extension on a cygwin python
built from source, edited with a windows editor, the scanner breaks,
since the \r is an unrecognized character.  I fixed this by going
through the source and changing the open mode from to "rU" on all
open() calls that read source to be parsed.  It's a niche case for
sure, easily worked around, but then again, an easy fix too.

Would you accept a patch, or should I not bother?
--
Chris Connett