[Pyrex] Please support C++

David McNab david at rebirthing.co.nz
Mon Oct 10 15:06:31 CEST 2005

Greg Ewing wrote:
>> I'm writing to ask if there might be any conceivable way to persuade
>> you, Greg, and any other Pyrex devs to seriously consider bumping C++
>> support a bit higher onto the Pyrex TODO list.

> I'll give it some consideration. The most urgent thing right
> now is to fix the lvalue-cast problem. Once that's done it
> should be fairly easy to make Pyrex output compile with a C++
> compiler, which is the first step towards adding some more
> C++ features.

Please bear in mind that more and more libraries are being implemented
in C++ with no C interface layer. For such libs, Pyrex is ineffective
unless one wraps them in C first - a very arduous task.

/me sits back, alongside others, with fingers crossed

If anyone else reading this feels the same as I, now might be a very
good time to speak up and express some encouragement to Greg.

Cheers
David