[Pyrex] Header file/declaration redundancy

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Oct 27 04:19:11 CEST 2005

Conrad Steenberg wrote:

> In other words, it is obviously essential to declare which symbols
> should be made available to Pyrex code, or exposed as module symbols,
> but it seems that Pyrex code can be made a lot more robust by not having
> to retype all the definitions from included header files.

It would certainly be better if more information could
be extracted automatically from the headers, but it
would be very difficult to automate this fully, for
reasons having mainly to do with the C preprocessor.

A couple of people are working on tools to help with
this, but I haven't heard from them for a while. One
of them is Francois Pinard. How is it going, Francois?
Any progress?