[Pyrex] pyrex and g++

Lenard Lindstrom len-l at telus.net
Sat Sep 24 03:57:42 CEST 2005

On 24 Sep 2005 at 7:34, Simon Burton wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:51:27 -0700
> "Lenard Lindstrom" <len-l at telus.net> wrote:
>

> > I don't think the problem is making Pyrex generate code that can compile as C++. I
> > think the problem is that the module will be used by an interpreter written and
> > compiled in pure C. What happens if a C++ exception is thrown and not caught
> > before returning to interpreter's call on a module function.
>
> The libraries in question provide a C-API, so presumably they do not throw exceptions. (?)

Then it is funny the header file doesn't work under C. Back to the topic though, if
there are no exceptions then Pyrex could generate C code that also compiles as
C++. As I understand it though it would take major changes to the Pyrex compiler
(another pass?). Some static forward declarations have to be removed from the
Pyrex generated C.

Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l at telus.net>