[Pyrex] Proposed patch for Pyrex 0.9.4.1

Stefan Behnel behnel_ml at gkec.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Apr 18 10:11:44 CEST 2006

Hi,

I think the distutils tab bug is pretty much worth a 0.9.4.1. So I propose the
attached patch for that version. It contains the patch and two enhancements:

* fix the tab bug
* support for setuptools
* replace PyObject_CallObject by PyObject_Call in SpecialCallNode

I'd also like to see David Cooke's second patch in there. He updated it a
while ago and it now manages to remove most of the unused labels that Pyrex
currently generates.

http://arbutus.mcmaster.ca/dmc/software/pyrex/02-emit-only-used-labels.patch

See this post on the update:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.pyrex/1646

It mimics the idea behind things like the new "put_init_to_py_none" by adding
a more explicit "put_goto" to the code generator. I think that's generally a
good idea.

So, those four updates would be great for the next version. The lxml project
could then happily abandon the current Pyrex fork and encourage people to
install the official Pyrex 0.9.4.1.

Regards,