[Pyrex] Testing on Linux

Stefan Behnel behnel_ml at gkec.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Apr 19 08:19:53 CEST 2006

Eric Wald wrote:
> I have hacked together some support for running the test suite on Linux
> (and perhaps other Posix systems).  It may not be the best code, but it
> runs on my system.  The patch follows this post.
>
> Unfortunately, a few of the tests fail, and some others give warnings.
> Is this normal, or an artifact of the different compiler environment?
> I'm using Python 2.4.3 and GCC 3.4.3 (ssp).

I'm on Python 2.4.2 and GCC 4.0.2 on Linux AMD64. Most errors I got simply
stated that you should compile with -fPIC to make it work, so I added it.
Tests/4/typecast.pyx failing may be related to the x86-64 architecture.

Here's a cleaned up version of Eric's patch. I moved the stuff into a file
Pyrex/PC/LinuxSystem.py and added a log of my test run.