[Pyrex] Shadowing of C globals

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Feb 5 00:46:20 CET 2006

Sam Rushing wrote:

> +            if maybe_shadowed != self.entry and maybe_shadowed.is_cglobal:
> +                print "Warning: local '%s' shadows C global: %s:%d:%d" % (

What would be the recommended coding practice for
avoiding this warning?

If the answer is "change the local name so it doesn't
shadow the global one", then you're effectively making
it *illegal* (rather than just unrecommended) to
shadow global names, if you want to be able to write
warning-free code. I'd be reluctant to go that far.

Greg