[Pyrex] Unlucky fellow needs help (pyrex crashes)

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Feb 23 05:25:23 CET 2006

Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> cdef class ITNO    # forward declaration
>
> cdef class ITNO_List(ITNO):
>   cdef int cnt
>   cdef int From
>   cdef int To

This is an error, since I never intended to support
using a class as a base class prior to its definition.
It's a bug that Pyrex crashes instead of reporting the
error, though.

> Variant II is accepted by pyrexc but
> gives a segment fault while running the loop
>
> cdef class ITNO             # forward declaration
> cdef class ITNO_List(ITNO)  # forward declaration

I'm not sure whether this should be allowed or not.
I'll look into these.

Thanks,

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiam!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |