[Pyrex] Private C fields for public extension types?

Stefan Behnel behnel_ml at gkec.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Jul 2 15:19:32 UTC 2006

Hi again,

Stefan Behnel wrote:
> I'm currently facing a problem with extension types, where I would like to
> provide some types from a large Pyrex module (lxml.etree) as part of a public
> C interface.

I finally figured it out myself. As with other external declarations, there is
no need to declare all members or to declare all related extension types
public. The C compiler will handle unknown references with the normal dynamic
linking mechanism. So you can nicely choose which types should be publicly
available without caring about others.