[Pyrex] Newbie Missing a Fundamental Point?

Lenard Lindstrom len-l at telus.net
Fri Jul 21 20:26:34 UTC 2006

On 21 Jul 2006 at 16:00, Kent Borg wrote:

> How does Pyrex execute the Python I might put in a
> .pyx file?  Does it translate to C?  (Is Python really that clean that
> the translation is practical?)

In the Pyrex documentation you will notice several Python features
are not supported in Pyrex. These restrictions allow Python like code
to compile to C making Python API calls. But be warned, it probably
will run no faster than a python module, and maybe slower. Only the C
like portions of a Pyrex module will run faster.

Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l at telus.net>