[Pyrex] Pyrex method 10x slower than Python, any hints why?

David Chiang dwchiang at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 04:57:10 UTC 2006

Thanks very much for your reply. I wasn't necessarily
hoping for any speedup from Pyrex; this is just part
of the wrapper code for the functions that do the real
work. I was just surprised that Pyrex slowed things
down so much. Regarding your latter suggestion, I did
start out with Pyrex code that was identical to the
Python original; the changes shown were part of my
attempt to salvage it. :)

Regarding the former suggestion about the disassember,
I didn't know there was such a thing and maybe I will
try it out! Thanks!

David