[Pyrex] EasyExtend meets Pyrex

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Jun 9 23:15:10 UTC 2006

kay schluehr wrote:
> Otherwise backtranslation to source code is
> technically trivial and can always be done. It is just not that I'm a
> strong adherent to the Unix philosophy and seek for a more intimate
> component coupling ;)

Another thing to consider is that the details of the Pyrex
parse tree could change, as I haven't been considering it
a part of the public interface.

> A disadvantage of the approach I have obviously overlooked in my
> enthusiasm yesterday, are the limitations of Pyrex relative to Python,

Most of them probably wouldn't be much of a problem, e.g.
list comprehensions could be converted into equivalent
loops much like the Python compiler does. The main thing
that would be difficult to translate is generators.

--
Greg