[Pyrex] temporary fork of Pyrex

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Mar 10 14:57:29 CET 2006

Hi there,

First of all, Pyrex is incredibly useful and it made lxml possible.
Unfortunately it doesn't work for us out of the box, especially with gcc
4.0 on Mac OS X.

The gcc 4 patch goes beyond what's available in the latest Pyrex
release. I believe some linux distributions like Ubuntu include it, and
we've submitted it repeatedly over a period of months, but it still
isn't in Pyrex proper. Because we want to serve the lxml users we were
forced to start maintaining a Pyrex fork.

Our Pyrex fork is here:

http://codespeak.net/svn/lxml/pyrex/

Some discussion of our patches is here:

http://codespeak.net/lxml/installation.html (gcc 4 section)

and here:

http://codespeak.net/pipermail/lxml-dev/2006-March/000954.html

We hope this fork can go away again as soon as possible.

Regards,

Martijn