[Pyrex] temporary fork of Pyrex

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Mar 10 16:55:59 CET 2006

Elias Pschernig wrote:
[snip]
> Here's more gcc 4 related patches, they merely fix warnings though.
> Still, would be nice to have a version with them applied - maybe the
> inofficial fork is a good place? (I didn't check if warnings are fixed
> there already..)

We didn't do anything about fixing warnings - with lxml I simply added
in a gcc option that stops all warnings altogether as I didn't like
seeing them all the time. If they can go away in a better way that'd be
nice. Still, strictly this fork is only to maintain whatever we need for
lxml - we didn't anticipate gathering more patches 20 minutes after
announcing it. :)

> http://lists.copyleft.no/pipermail/pyrex/2005-October/001452.html
> http://lists.copyleft.no/pipermail/pyrex/2005-October/001453.html
>
> And this attempt by me at silencing even more warnings, probably should
> be applied with care:
> http://lists.copyleft.no/pipermail/pyrex/2005-December/001579.html

Thanks for the links! Hopefully we'll look into it. I do hope these will
end up in the official version of Pyrex eventually...

Regards,

Martijn