[Pyrex] Updated Python 2.5 patch

Stefan Behnel behnel_ml at gkec.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat May 6 14:47:31 CEST 2006

Hi Greg,

Greg Ewing wrote:
> Stefan Behnel wrote:
>> I'm not sure how to make this look better, as we
>> should try to keep new code working with older Pyrex versions.
>
> Is it really worth worrying about much? If you want to use
> a new feature of Pyrex, having to upgrade your Pyrex to
> the appropriate version doesn't seem unreasonable.

Well, at least the lxml project does not care much about it. We ship the
generated C file with the source releases to avoid the dependency on Pyrex for
'normal' users. Then we tell people who actually want to test and contribute
to install a 'working' Pyrex version (which is currently 0.9.4.1). That's even
less of a problem now that Pyrex is just an "easy_install" away.

So I absolutely think that's reasonable. If you don't care about it, I won't
either.