[Pyrex] how to wrap libraries with nested include files

Phil.Cummins at ga.gov.au Phil.Cummins at ga.gov.au
Sun Oct 15 22:44:40 UTC 2006

Hi,

I would like to access functions in a C library from Python, and it has been
suggested to me that Pyrex is the way to go. My understanding is that to use
Pyrex to wrap a C library, you need to re-write the library's include (.h)
file in Pyrex - i.e. translate the structure definitions, etc., and write
'wrappers' for the functions you want to use.  However, like many .h files
I've seen, the .h file for my library includes another .h file, and that file
includes another .h file, and this chain continues through quite a few .h
files. Do I have to re-write them all?

Cheers,

- Phil