[Pyrex] Why were .pxd files invented?

Leif Strand leif at geodynamics.org
Mon Apr 2 19:31:56 UTC 2007

I forgot to mention that e.g., "pyrex -pxd foo.pyx" would only update
the foo.pxd output file if either (a) it didn't already exit; or (b) the
newly generated .pxd output was different from the old foo.pxd file that
was already there. Obviously, the scheme I sketched below would be
pointless if Pyrex touched the timestamp on the .pxd file every time the
corresponding .pyx file changed.

--Leif