[Pyrex] Callbacks from threads and PyGILState_Ensure/PyGILState_Release

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Aug 15 03:24:46 CEST 2007

Ulisses Furquim wrote:
> The patch adds a reserved word '__grabgil' that can be added to cdef
> functions to automatically generate calls to PyGILState_Ensure and
> PyGILState_Release at the right places.

Thanks for the patch. I've been thinking about something
like this myself, only in a slightly more general way:
rather than being attached to a specific function, the
option would be part of a function type, and considered
part of the calling signature of the function.

I'll see if I can incorporate your code next time I'm
working on this.

--
Greg