[Pyrex] Bug report: unknown symbol "PyErr_WarnEx"

Michael Olson mwolson at gnu.org
Sun Feb 25 22:49:50 UTC 2007

Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> writes:

> Michael Olson wrote:
>
>> The resulting binary from one of democracyplayer's helper programs
>> (source attached) was yielding an "Unknown symbol: PyErr_WarnEx" error
>> at runtime, which prevented it from working correctly.  Note that the
>> PyErr_Warn function (which is now a compiler macro in terms of
>> PyErr_WarnEx) is deprecated in python2.5, in favor of PyErr_WarnEx.
>
> I don't see how this can be Pyrex's fault -- if PyErr_WarnEx
> isn't being found, then changing Pyrex to use PyErr_WarnEx
> instead of PyErr_Warn isn't going to help.

Right, that won't fix things -- I've tried it.  I don't believe I
suggested that as a fix.  Perhaps my wording was poor here: I meant
that python2.5 defines PyErr_Warn to be a compiler macro in terms of
PyErr_WarnEx.

> Sounds more like a problem with mismatched library versions.
> What platform etc. is involved?

I'm using Ubuntu Feisty.  If you want more specific information, let
me know.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net