[Pyrex] first post, ref count problem

leonardo leonmaf at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 31 20:30:07 UTC 2007

Hello, this my first post here. I have started using
Pyrex and this is just my second little Pyrex code:

http://rafb.net/p/Vm4S5E82.html

It's quite simple, it's a Chain class, that is a
double linked list data structure, and I have to add
many methods still.
As you can see I've had to use void *pdata to allow it
to accept items with Python objects references inside.

The main problem is probably inside the __dealloc__,
it seems the ref count doesn't go down, so even when I
delete a Chain object, the memory used by the Python
objects keeps being allocated.

I am using Pyrex 0.9.5 (not yet 0.9.5.1) with MinGW on
Windows.

If you spot some other problems in the code, or some
other things that can be improved, please tell me,
because there are surely many things I don't know
about   Pyrex still, I've just started learning it.

Thank you,
leonardo