[Pyrex] Can pyrex codes call python objects/methods such as String, re, datetime, os diretively

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Jul 2 22:26:30 UTC 2007

liangxing wrote:
> My case is retrieveling all record items from a Oracle Database,
> within a loop execution. By calling cursor.fetchmany() multi-times,
> I found it is quite slow.

Since the Oracle interface is probably returning an
ordinary Python list of tuples, there's not much you
can do to speed it up.

To get a substantial gain using Pyrex, you would
need to bypass the Python interface and use whatever
C interface Oracle provides directly.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |