[Pyrex] SageX merged back to Pyrex?

Andreas Kostyrka andreas at kostyrka.org
Wed Jul 25 17:41:32 CEST 2007

Well, it's the usual situation with non mainstream upstream providers. Lucky for you, pyrex is open source. :)

Basically, you can choose one of these, I'd personally choose SageX (as they seem to be most active). As a worst case fallback the worst that can happen to you is that you'll start to maintain an internal fork. There are version management tools today that make this kind of stuff bearable.

btw, that's not an unique situation with Pyrex, it's rather general to all software, more or less. (And if you believe that a commercial producer will protect your investement in some tool, VB6 comes to mind *eg*)

Andreas

-- Ursprüngl. Mitteil. --