[Pyrex] lxml's patches against cython

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sat Jul 28 07:12:39 CEST 2007

Hi,

William Stein wrote:
> On 7/26/07, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
>> here is an updated C-API patch for cython (capi-diff.patch, actually against
>> sagex-20070710, hadn't downloaded cython yet while doing offline work).
>> [...] the C-API implementation is working nicely with cython, so
>> now the trunk of lxml can be compiled with cython plus the attached patches.
>
> Excellent.  Many thanks for the patches!

It was easier than I thought, but I'm at least as happy as you are. :)

BTW, I noticed that the current download link on cython.org leads to an
uncompressed .tar.

>> In case cython wants a bug tracker for project management, I'm currently
>> getting a very good impression of Ubuntu's launchpad. Simple, non-intrusive
>> sign-up, pretty good features and a close-to-intuitive interface.
>
> Great idea, we definitely need such a thing for cython soon.
> Could you setup a launchpad bug/feature tracker for Cython and post a link?

Here you are:

https://launchpad.net/cython

Send me your account name once you've signed up so that I can add you as
maintainers.

Launchpad directly supports Bazaar as a version control system (which is what
Ubuntu uses). But I'm not sure we actually need that.

I'd be happy if cython used SVN so that we could keep including it from lxml
as an svn:external.

> You could start by including all the issues you mention above, plus some
> of the ones listed here under "goals": http://cython.org/

I will do that.

Regards,