[Pyrex] Cython-0.9.6

William Stein wstein at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 23:39:32 CEST 2007

Hello Pyrex List and Sage-devel,

I've released Cython-0.9.6 at http://www.cython.org/.   I hope Cython
can be thought
of as a "bleading edge" derivative of Pyrex (not a fork).  Cython has
a specific longterm
goal of being included in the main distribution of Python.  The main
changes from
the previous cython release are:

   * I changed Pyrex to Cython in most places and pyrexc to cython, etc., so
     it should now be possible to install both Pyrex and Cython side-by-side
     in the same Python install.
   * The website has a fancy new logo that Stefan Behnel designed, along
     with a launchpad feature and bug tracker.
   * This release includes all the code from lxml-pyrex (Stefan Behnel) and
     the code from the latest official version of pyrex.
   * There is now a cython-specific mailing list:
        http://groups.google.com/group/cython

The issues involving MSVC++ have not been fixed yet.  If somebody could
send me a patch (plain text or whatever) to fix them, that would be greatly
appreciated, as I don't have MSVC++.

SAGE developers -- Cython will replace SageX in SAGE >= 2.7.2.

 -- William

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics