[Pyrex] Different C translation depending on platform (Unix vs Win)

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Fri Mar 9 19:31:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

With the latest version of our software, I'm experimenting something that is
now to me: C sources generated with Pyrex on a Unix machine don't compile on
a C compiler on Windows; but if the C sources files are generated with Pyrex
on Windows (i.e. natively), they do.

The problem with compiling on Windows (using C sources generated on a Unix
machine) is that the compiler (MSVC Toolkit 2003) complains about a
__pyx_n_len variable that is undeclared. You can find the affected file in:

http://www.pytables.org/trac/browser/trunk/src/convtypetables.pxi

[the responsible line is 132, i.e.  'rank = len(pdims)' ]

I'm attaching a file with the diff file for the header declarations of the
affected extensions (one generated with a Linux machine and the other with a
Win32 machine).

I'm wondering why it is necessary that the code should be actually different
at all. Somebody can throw some light here?

Thanks,

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
 "-"