[Pyrex] cdef __init__

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Mar 25 23:23:11 UTC 2007

Sam Rushing wrote:

> The attached hack supports a very specific form of fast constructor.
 > It's not ideal, and hopefully Greg can find a cleaner and better way to
 > wedge it in than I did.

I'll have to give this some careful thought. I'd like
to find some way of integrating this with the normal
construction mechanism so you don't have to write two
initialisation methods if you want your class to be
instantiable from Python as well. Also I need to
figure out what happens when there is inheritance.

So I probably won't be incorporating this patch as
it stands, but it's given me some ideas to work on.

Thanks,
Greg