[Pyrex] proper way of setting up Pyrex compile environment

Brian Blais bblais at bryant.edu
Fri May 18 12:32:34 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have a number of projects where I compile Pyrex extensions which use numpy arrays.
  I am not sure how I should set up my environment to do this.  Currently, I copy the
c_numpy.pxd and the c_python.pxd into the project directory, and then I make a link
to /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/include/numpy/ in the project
directory, to deal with the include files.

Well, it works, but I know this isn't the way it is *supposed* to work.  I am
running in Linux, but am interested in Windows and OS X as well for this question.
Is there an environment variable that I should set?  If I distribute uncompiled code,
is there a way to have the compile process figure out where the includes and the .pxd
files are?

	thanks,

			Brian Blais

--