[Pyrex] C-switch in Pyrex?

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Nov 2 06:19:33 CET 2007

Robert Bradshaw пишет:
> There have been a couple of times when I would've really liked a switch
> statement too, but there are a couple issues. Would switch statements
> fall through (as in C)? Would we require the cases to be ints? What about
>
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3103/
>
> or some future Python proposal? Is it just for optimization reasons that
> you don't want to do a if-elif chain?

IMO, in Python/Pyrex switch statements never should fall through, because
it's breaks block behavior of Python, and using fall through in C-programs
is bad practice.

I'm thinking about C integer (from [unsigned] char to long) variable in switch,
and therefore cases also should be integer.

I like the PEP-3103. It's almost what I need.

Alexander