[Pyrex] Cython 0.9.6.8 released

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Nov 5 22:43:50 CET 2007

On Nov 3, 2007, at 5:15 PM, Jim McCoy wrote:

> In Cython/Mac/DarwinSystem.py the line:
>
> os.environ["MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET"] = "10.3"
>
> causes the OS-supplied version of Python on Leopard to choke.  It
> wants 10.5 in this position.

In Pyrex, all the things in the *System.py files are hackery
that I use for testing on my own system -- none of them
are supported Pyrex features.

If Cython wants to make them official, the right thing to
do would be to find out what the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
setting of the Python currently being used is somehow, and
use that. Or just not set it at all and leave the user to
set it in the environment before invoking Pyrex.

--
Greg