[Pyrex] major cimport problems

David McNab rebirth at orcon.net.nz
Tue Nov 20 10:40:19 CET 2007

Hi,

I notice that cimport works fine if all modules are at the top level, in
other words, not living at different parts of a package tree.

However, I'm trying to build up a package tree as follows:

  dvedit/
    __init__.py
    core.so
    filters/
      inverse.so
      flip.so

In other words, I need to create the following modules:

  dvedit.core
  dvedit.filters.inverse
  dvedit.filters.flip

And, all the 'dvedit.filters.*' modules need to 'cimport' some defs from
core.pxd.

How should I set up my distutils script, such that:
 1. pyrex compilation of all the 'filters' modules succeeds
 2. importing of the filters modules succeeds?

I'm running into a heap of problems here.

Cheers
David