[Pyrex] [Cython-dev] Test case for Pyrex and Cython

David McNab rebirth at orcon.net.nz
Mon Nov 26 09:23:34 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 20:18 +1300, Greg Ewing wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 14:14 -0800, Jim Kleckner wrote:
>
> > I do prefer using fully-qualified names inside the pyx
> > files.
>
> You should be able to do that in any case -- the rules for
> naming modules in a cimport statement are supposed to be
> the same as for an import statement in Python.
>
> Are you saying that using full module names doesn't work
> for some reason in Pyrex/Cython/both? I'm getting a bit
> confused as to which system is being talked about.

In Pyrex, building/importing works fine with the fully-qualified
filenames.

In Cython, I've so far failed to get building/importing working when
using fully-qualified filenames. But building/importing works fine when
the .pyx/.pxd files are leaf-named and placed at the correct place in
the package directory tree.

Cheers
David