[Pyrex] precedence differences - GOTCHA!

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Oct 2 02:14:03 CEST 2007

David McNab wrote:
> Would it also be possible to have pyrexc spit a warning as well, when it
> translates the .pyx to .c?

Generally I'm against warnings. Whenever you get one,
you have to do something to make it go away or be
forever bothered by it. And if you can make it go
away, it might as well be an error in the first place.

I might consider providing a command line option to
turn this on, but I don't consider it a high priority.
You have to know the Python precedence rules to be
able to program in Python, and Pyrex is a dialect of
Python, not C.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |