[Pyrex] ANN: Pyrex 0.9.6.2

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Oct 11 02:40:10 CEST 2007

At 12:19 PM 10/11/2007 +1300, Greg Ewing wrote:
>Jesus Cea wrote:
> > The issue with EGG package I reported in 0.9.6.1 is still there.
>
>  From the last reply about this, it seems that this is
>a bug in setuptools, not Pyrex.
>
>If anyone can point to something that Pyrex is doing wrong
>in this area, I'll fix it, but otherwise there's nothing
>I can do.

The problem is that you're trying to import a module that's not
installed yet, when setuptools has already imported the installed
version.  So setup runs with the wrong version number.

If instead of importing, you just execfile the module like this:

    execfile(distutils.util.convert_path('Pyrex/Compiler/Version.py')

You will be guaranteed to get the version that's being installed,
rather than the version that's already installed.