[Pyrex] Reraise not inside except clause

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:19:06 CEST 2007

Robert Kern wrote:

>> It looks like every time he "raise"s, he's already grabbing the current
>> exception object. Most likely, that can be changed to "raise err".
>
> I wish I could test this, but the swig_sources() problem described in "pyrex
> imcompatibility with SWIG/setuptools" is preventing me.

Got it. With the attached patch for the SVN trunk of setuptools, I can get
PyProtocols to build with the other attached patch (I regenerated _speedups.c
manually). All of the tests pass, but I'm not entirely sure if the changes are
exercised; I'd have to take a closer look. The setuptools patch is likely just a
5 minute hack not a solution, but it worked for this case.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco