[Pyrex] C-API implementation in Pyrex 0.9.6

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Oct 16 12:20:49 CEST 2007

Stefan Behnel wrote:
> There already is quite a bit of overhead anyway for extension types, just look
> at the traditionally close-to-empty special method descriptors.

But they only occur once per type. A pointer to a struct of
private fields would take up space in every *instance*.

I've had at least one person express a desire to be able
to turn off garbage collection support to save a bit of
overhead, so it seems that some people do worry about this
sort of thing.

--
Greg