[Pyrex] pyrex problems

Marco Zanger marcozanger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 00:27:47 CEST 2008

Hi, I've been reading the
WrappingC++<http://wiki.cython.org/WrappingCPlusPlus>code with
pyrex/Cython. But I'm still unable to compile it; even the
attached example.

when I run  "pyrexc rectangle.pyx "
I get:

.../rectangle.pyx:29:27: Syntax error in C variable declaration

Which refers to

    def __add__(Rectangle left, Rectangle right):
        cdef c_Rectangle c = left.thisptr.add(right.thisptr[0])
        cdef Rectangle sum = Rectangle(c.x0, c.y0, c.x1, c.y1)
        return sum

And in my own code i get the following

GOptimization.pyx:91:32: Object of type 'cGCoptimization' has no attribute
'expansionIter'

And the code which refers is

cdef extern from "GCoptimization.h":

   ctypedef int PixelType

    ctypedef struct cGCoptimization "GCoptimization":
        EnergyType expansionIter "expansion"(int max_num_iterations)

    cGCoptimization *newGCoptimization "new GCoptimization" (PixelType
num_pixels,int num_labels,int dataSetup, int smoothSetup)

    void delGCOptimization "delete" (cGCoptimization
*optimization)

cdef class GCoptimization:
    cdef cGCoptimization *optimization
    def __new__(self, num_pixels, num_labels, dataSetup, smoothSetup):
        self.optimization = newGCoptimization(num_pixels, num_labels,
dataSetup, smoothSetup)
    def __dealloc__(self):
        delGCOptimization(self.optimization)
    def expansionIter(self,max_num_iterations):
        return self.optimization.expansionIter(max_num_iterations)

If u have any idea to give I would appreciate it very much, I'm kind of lost
in here.

Thank you, again,
Warmest Regards,
Marco