[Pyrex] [Cython] Python 3

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Apr 29 09:19:34 CEST 2008

Stefan Behnel wrote:
> No re-coding, no memory allocation. Please read the (lengthy) thread we had on
> the Cython list about this topic.

I *did* read that thread, and came away with a sense that
nobody has agreed on anything in this area yet.

About half the posts seemed to be suggesting that there
should be some kind of automatic coercion from a Python
unicode string to a char *, but only one even mentioned
the issue of the memory allocation that this would
require.

Has a scheme been settled on that would avoid any of
these problems? If so, is there somewhere I can go to
read a clear summary of what's been decided?

--
Greg