[Pyrex] Compiling via setuptools

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun Dec 21 21:20:37 CET 2008

At 12:51 PM 12/21/2008 +0000, devel at jonasmelian.com wrote:
>When I use the next command in my home system:
>
>   $ python setup.py develop
>
>Pyrex compiles the '.pyx' file without any problem. But after of
>uploading it to Pypi, and when is installed via 'easy_install' it
>doesn't builds any more. (I had to upload the '.c' file compiled on my
>system)

This is normal: the person receiving your distribution must either
have Pyrex, or you must include the .c file.  I normally just check
the generated .c files into revision control, so that setuptools will
automatically send them out in my source distributions.

(It can be a good idea to do this even if your target audience has
Pyrex, since it gives you better control over which version of Pyrex
gets used for the building.)