[Pyrex] Subclassing a non-GC type

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sat Jan 12 10:29:34 CET 2008

Hi,

Eric Huss wrote:
> In TypeSlots.py, there is a commented out bit to handle this (look for if
> scope.has_pyobject_attrs where it sets the HAVE_GC flag).  We uncommented
> that (and removed HAVE_GC from the default list), and it is working well
> for us.

Hmm, I tried that and it also removed the HAVE_GC flag from /subtypes/ of GC
enabled types. It seems to work, but I don't know if that's the right thing to
do, as I suppose this would mean that the subtype can no longer be GC traversed.

Does anyone have experience with this and can enlighten me here?