[Pyrex] [Cython-dev] cdef private class ... ?

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Jan 31 00:54:36 CET 2008

Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Actually, you could still allow that for the C-API, which could add public
> types to the "_pyx_capi" dict

That's possible, although it would make things a bit weird
for non-Pyrex extension modules to deal with.

> But then, a 'public private' type looks kind of scary.

Yeah, I was wondering about that, too. Not only does it
look strange, it means the compiler would need to grow
a new symbol table attribute to represent this kind of
privateness -- a single 'visibility' attribute wouldn't
be sufficient.

--
Greg