[Pyrex] [Cython-dev] cdef private class ... ?

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu Jan 31 08:45:55 CET 2008

Hi,

Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Greg Ewing wrote:
>> You only need an "api" declaration for access from non-Pyrex
>> C code. (And I'm thinking about dropping that requirement too,
>> since the rules concerning what's visible where are getting
>> rather complicated and hard to keep track of.)
>
> You mean: make all C functions "api" by default, right? I actually prefer
> having an explicit API here. For things that come from outside (Python or C),
> you might need more error checking than for internally used functions.

Just in case you meant "making all C functions that are declared in a .pxd
file 'api' by default" rather than "all functions", then I'm just fine with that.

But note that I will need the "api" keyword itself until there is a way to
prevent methods of extension types from getting publicly exported (we talked
about that a while ago).