[Pyrex] MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET

Anand Patil anand.prabhakar.patil at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 13:34:17 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Sorry if this is known already: I've built Python from source on my
Leopard system, and then built Pyrex 0.9.8.2 using setup.py. That
works fine- but when I then try to build PyTables from source, I get a
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET mismatch.

The reason is PyTables' setup.py has the following line:
     from Pyrex.Distutils import build_ext

and Pyrex.Distutils.DarwinSystem.py has the following line:
	os.environ["MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET"] = "10.3"

regardless of what the value of MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET was at
configure time. When I alter DarwinSystem.py to have
os.environ["MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET"] = "10.5" the problem goes away.

Cheers,
Anand